The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (A.P.U.) was founded in 1993. Initially, the APU was called the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT). The institute was renamed Asia Pacific University College of Technology and Innovation (UCTI) after becoming a university college in 2004. In 2012, with university status, UCTI was renamed Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (A.P.U). Today, more than 10,000 students from 90 countries study at the university.
The most popular majors at APU University are engineering, information technology, data processing, and electronic business. Almost all APU undergraduate and graduate programs are developed in collaboration with Staffordshire University, UK and, upon graduation, the graduate is awarded two bachelor's degrees: one from APU University, the second from Staffordshire University. All academic programs are approved by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia and have Quality Accreditation (MQA).
The APU student uniform is formally formal clothing that helps educate young professionals. Students are prohibited from attending classes in jeans, T-shirts, athletic sneakers, sandals, and defiant or immodest clothing. APU University Location APU University is located in Bukit Jalil, a 30-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur city center. APU University Rankings The University was awarded a 6-star rating by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia in the quality assessment system of private universities (MyQUEST) 2014/2015:
- 6 stars in the overall ranking (only 9 universities out of more than 200 received 6 stars)
- 6 stars in the rating for the service of foreign students
- 6 stars in the field of engineering, construction
- 6 stars in the field of “computer engineering”, “information technology”
Why study at APU?
- Over 150 awards
- 95% of students are employed before graduation
- 11,000 students from 110 countries
- Malaysian Ministerial Award for Service Distinction
- Tier 5 (Excellent) 2011 Malaysian Ministry of Education ranking
- Diploma from Staffordshire University, UK