The School of Engineering at APU is one of our fastest growing schools and is gaining popularity among school leavers. This is because all the five engineering programmes offered by the School are current in terms of technology and are market driven, and thus have great employment opportunities.
The vision of the School is to be a leading provider of Engineering and Technology based education with innovative approaches to enhancing lifelong career opportunities. This is emphasised by our mission to provide engineering education based on a theoretical, experimental, and ethical foundation and enhanced by opportunities for participation in research, internships and interdisciplinary study.
For all degrees within the School, APU links with industry helps provide internship training placements for students. Internships are compulsory for all students as per the requirement of the Board of Engineers Malaysia.
THE AIMS OF THE APU ENGINEERING PROGRAMMES ARE TO OFFER:
- A broad education in the fundamentals of engineering principles and professional practices that form a strong flexible base which enables graduates to fill a variety of responsible engineering positions.
- Specialised development in one area of concentration that will enable graduates to successfully perform at entry-level engineering positions. Some graduates will prefer and be capable of continuing their education in a graduate school.
- A stimulating and accessible course of study necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and social context, analysis and contemporary engineering issues which the students can develop and apply in their near future.
- An opportunity for students with different abilities and different educational experiences to benefit intellectually and vocationally from their education in engineering courses.
- Graduates who are able to demonstrate intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence in all areas of endeavour.
- An intellectually demanding and stimulating programme of study and develop a life-long commitment to learning that develops graduates who are imaginative and innovative and who show initiative and creativity in their work.