The BA (Hons) in Games Design is a programme specially developed with a comprehensive approach to developing the right mindsets in games industry, specifically in the area of games design. The games design graduate will take away with them the right skill-set to design, project-manage and produce world-class games on top of attaining valuable skills as a project manager for a team of artists and programmers. The programme is designed to be highly practical and industry-oriented. Students will have better industry-understanding through involvement in the semester long internship, improving their potential for eventual employment upon graduation.
The outline of the programme concentrates on all stages of the production process similar to the workflow practiced by professionals from related industries. Students will undergo a series of hands-on professional training to develop their skills in an industry-based learning system.
At the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Comprehend moral, cultural and ethical issues and responsibilities and related inter-cultural communication within a global environment.
- To be able to practice and conform to positive work attitudes and to develop the work ethics as important requirements in the digital content creation and creative industries
- To be able to confidently deliver a theoretical and technical information in an appropriate form for a specific audience. To be able to work with others who possesses various attitude, knowledge and skills to achieve a common goal.
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to plan, implement and manage a game development project and to analyse situations and recognise the opportunity and potential for business.
- To be able to functionally work in a variety of situations and role and to learn and adopt critical knowledge of the development processes and concepts related to game development and other content creation industries.
- To be able to learn independently and to identify problems and provide creative and innovative solutions to design problems.